Thursday, June 24, 2010

Once I had Bunker Dancers and Karate Kids too!


So I have been viewing everyone's posts and blogs about dancers, dance recitals, cute little kids in darling costumes, and feeling very nostalgic for the good old days-when my house was so full of children, noise, laughter, love, kicking and twirling! I remember a friend once came to my house about the same time as the karate adam photo, and kids were running upstairs, slamming doors and laughing, music was blaring, and there was stuff scattered everywhere. she looked around, took it all in, and looked at me and said "I never imagined your house would be like this!" It just made me laugh, cuz my house was ALWAYS like that, and I miss it! The days of having my house full will always be the favorite times of my life, not that life isn't good now, and I love my sons in law, and my sweet grandbabies (just wish I could see them every day!) but those days were the best. If you are living in them, enjoy every second! Laugh and play with your kids, every moment is precious and goes soooo fast! I love my kids! They will always be my stars!

7 comments:

Debbie Cannon said...

I agree life is still very good, but the busy days with all the kids doing everything and keeping you hopping are the best! I miss my kids being kids. I miss me having the energy that I did then! Love the photos...very cute blog.

Amy and Woody said...

next time we come home I'll make sure we are real noisy and dance and blast music :) love you mommy

Don and Kelley said...

Ohhhh, this is so sweet!!!!

LAYTON FAMILY said...

My kids will be over this afternoon to run up and down the stairs and slam some doors. Also, they will leave their clothes (both clean & dirty) on the floor and color on your walls with sharpie. Just kidding....this was such a sweet post and I really am loving having them all home for the next year. Can't we please just freeze time?

Chris and Shani said...

I was just thinking about you and this today. I think that I am having one of the best summers of my life because I am at home with this darling little boy of mine. I was thinking how you probably had so many summers where you felt like I do and I was wondering what you were thinking now. Haha, there's my answer. I look forward to more crazyness and messes as my family continues to grow and I will always be thankful for the wonderful mother you were. We can't wait for you to come up next week!!!!! and can't wait even more for you to move to utah :) wishful thinking

Jordan & Heather Wong said...

dear mom...man i was goofy looking kid. But i will make sure that my child will scream extra loud when we come down and that she makes lots of messes. we all can even get together and create our own dance recitals and karate moves...dont know how good it will be but it will be fun!! love u tons

Jordan & Heather Wong said...

dear mom...man i was goofy looking kid. But i will make sure that my child will scream extra loud when we come down and that she makes lots of messes. we all can even get together and create our own dance recitals and karate moves...dont know how good it will be but it will be fun!! love u tons